How to Make Computer Virus Free : Something weird can happen on your computer anytime. When you check email, work on a research paper or play a game, you may suddenly get a pop-up message noticing you that certain viruses have infected your computer. If have just downloaded a program or visited a website and all of a sudden your computer is crashing, running slowly, or rebooting itself, the it is likely that you are the victim of a computer virus.
A computer virus is actually a software program, which can get into your computer when downloading a file that has the virus. You must remove the virus so that your computer can run correctly. Computer viruses can wreak havoc on a computer system and start damaging other files. The viruses can cause multiple pop-up ads to come out, slow down your computer operation, and start stealing your personal information such as security passwords and bank account numbers.
Today it appears as if no one is safe from malicious code. Every several years seems to bring reports of a new, more harmful virus that can wreck our computers and networks. However, if your computer has viruses, you should not panic. It is time for you to fix the viruses. Following the correct tips for computer virus repair enables you to improve your chances of getting rid of the viruses from your computer immediately.
Here are the steps that you can try to make your computer virus and malware free:
- Avoid opening suspicious e-mail attachments. Viruses usually enter your computer via e-mail attachments or temporary internet files. Thus, you should open one only if you are expecting it and sure about its contents.
- Avoid visiting websites that are notorious for spreading malicious software. Peer-to-peer networks and pornography sites are commonly known for distributing various viruses that can harm your computer.
- Ensure that your firewall is always active. Most computers come with a standard firewall program that can track the network activity of the computer and enables suspected malware programs from entering the system.
- Install anti-virus software on your computer. Get the good ones and keep them updated.
- Scan your computer regularly using your anti-virus software and select a deep or thorough scan so that the software can scan the entire file system. You should quarantine or remove any available viruses before they can spread and wreck your computer system.
- Avoid carrying infected folders or files back into your clean computer after being recovered. Before you back up your files, conduct a virus scan of your entire computer.
After all, it is important to notice any behavior alterations in your system. If your computer slows down with pop-up ads that begin appearing or other unusual behavior starts occurring, then you should conduct a virus scan immediately. If the action does not solve the problem, then you need have your computer fixed by a virus specialist.
Stalis Ethica is an experienced article writer and a writer manager with scientific background. She specializes in writing informative articles in various niches.