The concept of wireless technology was first introduced in the 19th century which has been significantly developed over the years. Today the term wireless is referred to variety of devices from smartphones, printers, tablets, wireless headphones, Bluetooth etc.
There are various types of wireless technologies that are used
In the today’s world the wireless technology have been part of the wireless communication system that permits users to communicate even from the remote operated areas. There are many devices for wireless communication like mobile. Cordless telephone, GPS, WI-FI, satellite, television and wireless computer parts like wireless mouse keyboard, best wireless headphones and wireless printers. Current wireless phone include 3 and 4G wireless networks and Bluetooth technologies.
Wireless can be divided into
- Fixed wireless- the operation of the wireless in office, home and in particular, equipment connected to the internet via specialized modems.
- Mobile wireless the use of wireless devices or system board motorized, moving vehicles examples include the automotive cellphone and personal communication system.
- Portable wireless-the battery powered devices or systems outside the office, home or vehicle example include handheld cell phones and pcs unit.
- IR wireless the use of devices that convert data via infrared radiation which is infused in certain limited range communication and control systems.
Some of the examples of wireless technologies which you may find in today’s world
Cellular phones and pager: these provide connectivity for the portable and mobile applications, both personal and business.
Global positioning system (GPS): allow drivers, captain of ships and boats to locate places
Home entertainment system control boxes: the VCR control boxes and the television channel control boxes and HI-FI sound system and FM radio broadcast receivers also use this technology.
Remote garage doors openers: the garage door openers also use the wireless technology to control doors by sensing the motion usually this done by the radio frequencies.
Wireless headsets-we have music jukebox available now in the form of Bluetooth headphones which allows 24 entertainments even on long journeys to make travelling fun. These are incredible because they are light weight easy to carry and without any wires. With Bluetooth technology setting and using headphones has never been easier.
Baby monitors: the baby monitors are also the wireless technology that are run by the radio frequencies these are installed to monitor babies in their rooms to hear them when they make sound.
Satellite television: allows viewers to select the hundreds of channels from any location in the world
Wireless LAN or local area networks – provides wireless networks making sure flexibility and reliability to computer users in number of places like home, business or offices.
Wireless technology is evolving with time and its use increasing with the advancement in technology being made throughout the world. People are relying on the technology more now to add ease to their lives. Some of the specialized and exclusive example of the wireless technology may include:
- Global system for the mobile communication (GSM) it is the standard mobile system that is used in the Europe and other parts of the world.
- General packet radio service (GPRS) – a packet based wireless communication system which provides continuous connection for the mobile phone and internet users.
- Wireless application protocol (WAP)- It is the set of communication protocol set to standardize the way the wireless devices such as cellular communication system or radio transverse are used to allow user to access internet using it.
- Enhanced data GSM environment (EDGE): a faster version of the Global system for mobiles (GSM) wireless service.
Wireless technology has various advantages and disadvantages
Wireless communication has many advantages few are:
- Communication has enhanced to convey information to the consumer quickly.
- Working professionals can work and access internet anywhere anytime with the help of wireless networks.
- It increases productivity of the workers at workplace. In a survey it was reported that number of young workers listen to music using wireless headphones which makes them happier, better at concentrating and productive.
- Urgent situation can be altered through wireless communication. The affected regions can be provided help and support with the help of these alerts through wireless communication.
Wireless networks are cheaper to install and maintain
There are furthermore advancement is being complete in the wireless technology with the passage of time focusing the needs of the people.
The transactions have also been improved and made easy with the help to the wireless technology.
The advanced wireless technology has led us to access our personal devices anytime and anywhere. While there are numerous advantages of wireless technology there are also some threats which has arisen as well.
- Wireless technology has led us to the security threats for instance the hackers can easily access the any device as the wireless signals are spread in the air therefore it is very important to secure the device using the security system in order to avoid such threats to the system.
- The range of wireless networks are typically limited and typical wireless router will allow only users within 150 to 300 feet to access networks.
- Disorder in signals can be caused anytime may be due to the severe weather condition or any other disruption.
The final thought which may prevail all on the wireless technology.